Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Medical Science
This programme allows you to use advanced research skills to contribute to new developments in the field of medical sciences. Our state-of-the-art equipment and research laboratories are available for your use as you conduct ground breaking research in a medical discipline of your choice guided by our industry leading academicians who will act as your supervisors.
- Pharmacological Sciences
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Physiological Sciences
- Behavioral Sciences
- Microbiological Sciences
- Public Health
- Disaster and Emergency Medicine
- Medical Education
- Full time: 2 – 6 years
- Part time: 4 – 8 years
- January & September
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00
- A minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 may be accepted subject to an internal assessment by an independent panel
b) Bachelor’s degree in Other Fields of Study
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 subject to the degree consisting of a minimum 45-credit Psychology module or equivalent and the applicant must have obtained a CGPA of 2.75 in the said psychology module
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 subject to the degree consisting of a minimum 30-credit Psychology module or equivalent and the applicant must have obtained a CGPA of 2.75 in the said psychology module AND a minimum score of 550 in the Psychology subject of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
c) Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Government of Malaysia
Got a question for us?
What are our students saying?
I found it very meaningful to study Homeopathy. Its principles and approach to medical treatment is very comprehensive and the clinical training exposure is well planned. This is a very fulling career option for me and has given me a strong professional purpose
Homeopathy taught me to view a patient’s illness in a holistic manner and to adopt an equally holistic approach to treatment. We are though the medical sciences behind various illness and what causes it. Then we are introduced to how natural substances have a unique effect on various symptoms as a treatment.
I like the B.H.M.S programme at CUCMS as it is very comprehensive. The curriculum gives me the opportunity to learn both clinical aspects of diseases and their homeopathy management. It’s clear from the very start that the university has considered the needs of practitioners and encourages and equips graduates to open their own practice or clinics