Dean, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
We are seeking for a dynamic, capable and visionary candidate to lead our Faculty of Allied Health Sciences as the Dean. The Faculty is one of 5 faculties at Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences, a top-tier, decade old institution committed to the education of healthcare professionals.
As the Dean you will provide exceptional leadership and management of the Faculty while ensuring that the Faculty maintains the highest standards of academic excellence and quality. As head of all academic and administrative matters of the Faculty, you will monitor and continuously improve the faculty’s teaching and learning, research and programme delivery for all 6 of its programmes.
You will also be responsible for the execution for various strategies for growth with an aim of increasing student enrolment and developing of new programmes that will further strengthen the university’s profile. In this matter you will also oversee and manage the Faculty’s budget and allocation resources to maximise efficiency and results.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a subject matter expert in the field of Allied Health Sciences with a keen understanding of various academic and regulatory issues. You will also need to be able to understand shifting trends in the education and healthcare industry so as to enable you to advise the University Senate and Management in making strategic academic and business decisions. Under your guidance the Faculty of Allied Sciences will be a significant contributor to the delivery of the University’s 5-Year Strategic Plan.
Central to your role is that of an academic leader and in this role you will provide guidance and motivation to the Faculty staff in ensuring that we give our best for the future of our students. This includes commitment and passion towards teaching and learning as well as collaborating with industry partners to establish a network of employers who will provide training, internship and future job opportunities. Under your guidance the Faculty’s graduates will be leading professionals in their chosen profession and they will continue to carry the banner of CUCMS.
a) Work with faculty, staff, and students to develop and oversee the undergraduate and graduate programme.
b) Work cooperatively with other Deans and the Management to advance the mission and strategic plans of the University.
c) Recommend hiring, promotion, tenure and termination in the Faculty.
d) Assist staff in Professional development.
e) Identify and develop new programmes that will ensure sustainable growth in the university.
f) Work closely with the faculty in establishing an industry partner network to collaborate in terms of research, training and employment for graduates.
g) Work closely with industry partners to understand industry needs and develop academic programmes to meet such needs
h) Formulate strategies for the growth of the Faculty
i) Establish collaborations and partnership with other institutions of higher education and research
j) Represent the Faculty and the University in the press and public if required
k) Represent the Faculty and the University in conferences, seminars, working groups and the likes especially in the area of Allied Health Sciences
Education & Work Experience
- Ph.D. in any Allied Health Sciences Programme, or a related field. A Full Professor/Associate Professor will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and ability to manage budgets.
- Proven leadership and management/supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to foster collaborative efforts by building partnerships with national and / or international agencies.
- Demonstrated success in attracting resources through fundraising efforts.
- Ability to maintain and develop strong undergraduate and professional programmes, including maintaining FAHS programmes accreditation.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, and presentation skill. Strong skill sets in English is a must.
- Demonstrated commitment to increase the diversity of faculty, staff and students through recruitment, retention and development of talented individuals.
- The ability to articulate a clear vision for the future of the Faculty.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.
How to Apply
Interested in this vacancy? Send in your cover letter/email and a complete CV to email@example.com today. For enquiries please contact the Human Resources Department at 03-8313 7000.